Before moving to Toowoomba, Stacey was a Senior Lawyer with a Brisbane commercial law firm. Stacey has worked exclusively on commercial property law matters since 2004, carrying out work for commercial property developers, international investors, shopping centre owners, property trusts, listed companies, Local Government bodies and high net worth individuals.
Stacey has advised on:
- Purchase of retail shopping centres and commercial and industrial developments involving lengthy contract negotiations, detailed due diligence enquiries and extensive lease reviews;
- Purchase of a majority of lots in a hotel building by an international investor within the South Bank Corporation Precinct involving complex titling arrangements, detailed lease, sublease and sub-sublease reviews, extensive contract negotiations and due diligence enquiries including the transfer of more than 120 free hold interests;
- Sale of the leasehold interest in a Government owned Retail Shopping Centre including complex titling contract negotiations and extensive dealings with the Public Trustee of Queensland;
- Purchase of lots within a Marina Precinct for a Council investment body including complex titling arrangements, extensive contract negotiations, significant due diligence enquiries and lease reviews and the preparation of leases, subleases and sub-subleases;
- The establishment of a mixed use commercial and retail development including complex titling structures including volumetric and building format plans, volumetric easements, preparation of Community Management Statements and Building Management Statements, establishing bodies corporate and building management committees;
- The sale of lost in a mixed use commercial and retail volumetric development involving lengthy contract negotiations;
- Multi-million dollar leasing to Australia’s largest equipment hire company.
Stacey is highly regarded for her timely and commercially practical advice. Priding
herself on strong client relationships, Stacey looks forward to working as part
of the Murdochs team to assist clients to grow and protect their investments.
Growing up around horses, Stacey is heavily involved in equestrian activities having previously won Queensland State Championships in Dressage, Showjumping and Sporting and currently competes in barrel racing and steer undecorating at rodeos. Stacey is the deputy chairperson and an executive director on the board of directors with the National Rodeo Association.